WILD SINGING WALKS with Tasters and Performance
New for 2019!
Our Wild Singing Walks are a little bit different. A guided walk led by a singer and a forager, where we stop to sing in response to the landscape, plants and the wildlife. Bringing together our passions for wild food, nature and Cornwall, Wild Singing Walks are a unique, inspiring and creative way to engage with the landscape and each other. Everyone welcome.
Course outline and what to expect;
- 3 hour outdoor experience with Rachel Lambert (forager) and Kelsey Michael (singer and singing leader)
- A guided walk with lots of stopping to sing, be sung to, taste and take in the sights and sounds
- Introduction to wild plants, the elements and Cornish venues through stories and songs
- An intimate solo performance by singer Kelsey Michael on cliff-top, beach or in the fields
- Song lyrics to take away (or emailed versions)
- A unique way to connect to the weather, plants, wildlife, each other and the natural world
- Songs that emerge out of the landscape and our experience in the moment
- Learn bite-size songs that help you remember plants
- Pre-made wild food tasters for your sustenance and to deepen your wild experience
- The possibility of your own input into the songs and creating new words or verses together
- Using songs as a way to remember plants and engage with Cornwall, in a way that words alone cannot capture
*Please note that we ask that this is a mobile/device-free environment, though there will be an allocated slot for recording and pictures.
TO BOOK: Please visit the Wild Singing Walks calendar page
Dates for wild singing walks 2019; 26th Jan | 30th March | 18th May | 12th Oct