WILD SINGING WALKS with Tasters and Performance
New for 2019!
Wild Singing Walks are a unique, inspiring and creative way to engage with the landscape and each other. Each experience is guided by the group interest and the wild places we will inhabit. All welcome, if singing is not for you, you are invited to bask a very special wild experience and performance.
Course outline and what to expect;
- 3 hour outdoor experience with Rachel Lambert (forager) and Kelsey Michael (singer and singing leader)
- A guided walk with lots of stopping to sing, be sung to, taste and take in the sights and sounds
- Introduction to wild plants, the elements and Cornish venues through stories and songs
- An intimate solo performance by singer Kelsey Michael on cliff-top, beach or in the fields
- Song lyrics to take away (or emailed versions)
- A unique way to connect to the weather, plants, wildlife, each other and the natural world
- Songs that emerge out of the landscape and our experience in the moment
- Learn bite-size songs that help you remember plants
- Pre-made wild food tasters for your sustenance and to deepen your wild experience
- The possibility of your own input into the songs and creating new words or verses together
- Using songs as a way to remember plants and engage with Cornwall, in a way that words alone cannot capture
*Please note that we ask that this is a mobile/device-free environment, though there will be an allocated slot for recording and pictures.
TO BOOK: Please visit the Wild Singing Walks calendar page
Dates for wild singing walks 2019; 26th Jan | 30th March | 18th May | 12th Oct