SEAWEED FORAGING COURSES
Seaweeds are fascinating, diverse and nutritionally rich. You may want to take a look at my award-winning seaweed book or you can listen and watch Rachel foraging seaweeds here on BBC SouthWest Seaweed Foraging.
Course outline and what to expect:
- Homemade tasters made with wild, foraged seaweeds, e.g; breads with dips, hot soup, meringues or biscuits
- 3 hour course covering 8-10 seaweeds
- Guidance on seaweed identification and potential mistakes
- Tried and tested recipes, processing and drying tips
- Nutritional and medicinal benefits, where known (please note I am not a medical herbalist)
- Information on legalities, sustainability and safety
- Guidelines on the legal and sustainability, including a Seaweed Harvesting Handout.
- Opportunity to buy a signed copy of my book/s
- Follow up email with list of seaweeds covered and links to recipes and more info.
TO BOOK: please go to the seaweed course calendar page.
Dates for seaweed courses 2020:
12th Jan | 14th Feb | 11th Mar | 10th Apr| 9th May | 5th June | 5th Jul | 24th Jul | 20th Aug | 30th Aug | 19th Sep | 18th Oct | 15th Nov | 17th Nov