Be sung to, hum along or join in. A guided walk led by a singing forager who’ll sing you new songs she’s created about the plants, their qualities and uses. Here you can enjoy another layer of insight into the world of plants and bask in alfresco sounds and music to the backdrop of the beautiful Cornish landscape. Singers, listeners and non-singers all welcome.
This walk and experience is held at the rugged and stunning venue of Cape Cornwall, where we can see Lands End, and have options of walk routes depending on the group and weather.
Level of Walk: The walk will be 1.5 – 2 miles, depending on the group and weather, may include steep areas, or concrete paths.
The Singing Forager Experience;
- 3 hour outdoor experience with Rachel Lambert (forager and singer)
- A guided walk with lots of stopping to hear newly created songs about the plants, their uses and learn about their qualities
- Learn bite-size songs/verses that help you remember plants
- Pre-made wild food tasters for your sustenance and to deepen your wild experience
- Using songs as a way to remember plants and engage with Cornwall, in a way that words alone cannot capture
- A unique way to connect to the plants, wildlife and the natural world
Who is it for? Anyone who enjoys the outdoors, music and song, suitable for children over 10 years old.
Who is it for? Anyone who enjoys the outdoors, song and music, suitable for children over 10 years old.
What to wear: Please check the weather forecast on the day and be aware it can be cooler by the coast. Layers of clothing are advisable. Footwear suitable for the walk outlined (above) and that you are confident walking in.
Meet: National Trust Cape Cornwall Car Park, Cape Cornwall, St Just, West Cornwall, TR19 7NN
Transport and Parking: There is a pay and display car park, which is free to National Trust members. The road and car park is right next to the sea. Do let me know if you need or can offer a lift. Lifts available from Penzance. Buses from Penzance (then a 20 minute walk from St Just) and from St Ives, depending on the season, please check bus timetables.
What to Bring: Weather appropriate clothing, layers can be helpful. Bottle of water or drink, snacks (optional), any personal medication needed, sun lotion, camera, notebook and pen. Please note that mobile phones/devices are asked to be turned off for this event, with the exception of an allocated time for recording.
Min/Max numbers: 5-15 adults. You are welcome to come alone or with others.