Be sung to, hum along or join in. A guided walk led by a singing forager who’ll sing you new songs she’s created about the plants, their qualities and uses. Here you can enjoy another layer of insight into the world of plants and bask in alfresco sounds and music to the backdrop of St Michael’s Mount. Singers, listeners and non-singers all welcome.
Level of Walk: The walk will be 1.5 – 2 miles, depending on the group and weather, may include steps down to a small beach.
Course outline and what to expect;
- 3 hour outdoor experience with Rachel Lambert (forager)
- A guided walk with lots of stopping to hear newly created songs about the plants, their uses and learn about their qualities
- Learn bite-size songs/verses that help you remember plants
- Pre-made wild food tasters for your sustenance and to deepen your wild experience
- Using songs as a way to remember plants and engage with Cornwall, in a way that words alone cannot capture
- A log fire to warm yourself by and be sung to (or sing along)
Who is it for? Anyone who enjoys the outdoors and singing (or being sung to), suitable for children over 10 years old.
What to wear: Please check the weather forecast on the day and be aware it can be cooler by the coast. Layers of clothing are advisable. Footwear suitable for the walk outlined (above) and that you are confident walking in.
Meet: On the bench opposite The Cabin cafe, at the seafront in Perranuthnoe, TR20 9NE
Transport and Parking: There is a pay and display car park in Perrunthnoe, or possibly parking spaces on the road down to the sea. Do let me know if you need or can offer a lift. Lifts available from Penzance. Buses from Penzance and Falmouth which either go into Perranuthnoe village, or drop you at the top of the road with a 15 minute walk down.
What to Bring: Weather appropriate clothing, layers can be helpful. Bottle of water or drink, snacks (optional), any personal medication needed, sun lotion, camera, notebook and pen. Please note that mobile phones/devices are asked to be turned off for this event, with the exception of an allocated time for recording.
Min/Max numbers: 5-15 adults. You are welcome to come alone or with others.