AUTUMN FORAGING COURSE with Songs, Fire and Tasters
Sat 10th Oct 2-5.30pm Perranuthnoe, West Cornwall
Adults £45, under 16 £20, under 5s free
On this Autumn Foraging Course with Songs, Fire and Tasters, experience wild foods through alfresco songs about the plants, their qualities and uses. Be sung to, hum along or join in. Here you can enjoy another layer of insight into the world of plants and bask in alfresco sounds to the backdrop of St Michael's Mount. Singers, listeners and non-singers all welcome. Read more about this event or hear some of the songs on the Wild Singing Blog.
Level of Walk: The walk will be 1.5 - 2 miles, depending on the group and weather, may include steps down to a small beach.
Foraging Course with Songs, what to expect;
- 3 hour outdoor experience with Rachel Lambert (forager)
- A guided walk with lots of stopping to hear newly created songs about the plants, their uses and learn about their qualities
- Learn bite-size songs/verses that help you remember plants
- Pre-made wild food tasters for your sustenance and to deepen your wild experience
- Using songs as a way to remember plants and engage with Cornwall, in a way that words alone cannot capture
- A log fire to warm yourself by and be sung to (or sing along)
Who is it for? Anyone who enjoys the outdoors and singing (or being sung to).
What to wear: Please check the weather forecast on the day and be aware it can be cooler by the coast. Layers of clothing are advisable. Footwear suitable for the walk outlined (above) and that you are confident walking in.
Meet: On the bench opposite The Cabin cafe, at the seafront in Perranuthnoe, TR20 9NE
Transport and Parking: There is a pay and display car park in Perrunthnoe, or possibly parking spaces on the road down to the sea. Do let me know if you need or can offer a lift. Lifts available from Penzance. Buses from Penzance and Falmouth which either go into Perranuthnoe village, or Perran crossroads with a 15 minute walk down.
What to Bring: Weather appropriate clothing, layers can be helpful. Bottle of water or drink, snacks (optional), any personal medication needed, sun lotion, camera, notebook and pen.
Min/Max numbers: 4-12 persons
Read and hear more: Listen to some of the foraging songs on Rachel's youtube channel. Alternatively, keep up to date with what I'm doing on facebook or instagram for regular updates of what I’m picking, cooking and exploring.