This course is led in a beautiful and un-spoilt area of south Cornwall. A satisfying circular walk around the headland, including woodland, coast and hedgerows.
Level of Walk: This course includes a walk across fields, down to a cove and up through a woodland, includes steep areas. Approximately 2 miles.
Course outline and what to expect;
- 2-3 mile guided walk with lots of stops and tasters
- Covering 8-10 wild foods
- Thorough guidance on plant identification
- Tried and tested suggestions on cooking, processing tips and lots of recipe ideas
- Information of nutritional and medicinal benefits, where known (please note I am not a medical herbalist)
- May include potential mistakes and look-a-like plants
- Information on legalities, sustainability and safety
- Opportunity to buy a signed copy of my book/s
- Opportunity to buy original screen printed gift cards of wild plants and recipe card
- Follow up email with list of plants covered and links to recipes and more info
- Homemade tasters made with wild, foraged ingredients, for e.g. 1 or 2 of the following;
- – Hot and wild soup
- – Breads with wild ingredients
– Wild salsa verde or dips
– Chocolates with wild ingredients
– Muffins or cakes with wild ingredients
What to wear: Courses are a mixture of walking and a fair amount of standing around to learn. Please bring/wear layers, a wind proof and weather appropriate clothing. Footwear suitable for the walk outlined (above) and that you are confident walking in.
Meet: Outside Mawnan Church, Old Church Road, Mawnan, TR11 5HY
Min/Max numbers: 5-15 adults. You are welcome to come alone or with others
Transport and Car Parks: In private car park by the church: £2 (when last seen). Alternatively, you can park further up the lane (before you reach the church), for free. Lifts available from Penzance, please let me know if you can offer/need a lift.
What to Bring: Weather appropriate clothing, layers can be helpful. Bottle of water or drink, snacks (optional), any personal medication needed, sun lotion, camera, notebook and pen. You may want to bring a torch for this event (for extra visibility on the return walk).