Elderflowers (Sambuca nigra) are the ultimate summer foraging, but there's more to these flowers than just elderflower cordial. Then in autumn there's the rich fruit of the elderberries from the same plant.
Learn when to pick elderflowers, how to use them, what they're good for, their benefits and recipes. In autumn elderberries appear; an equally medicinal and versatile fruit for cordials, wine and desserts.
- When and how to pick elderflowers
- A quick and easy elderflower layered sponge
- Elderflower cordial and elderflower sorbet recipes
- Elderflower and straweberry jam recipe
- Moreish elderflower doughnuts recipe
- Catching the last of the summer elderflowers
- Elderberry and apple jelly recipe
- Taking care of the elders